Note: updated rootfs has working VPU.
What's working :
1. GPU + VPU acceleration.
3. Choice of Unity 2D or Xubuntu desktop
5. glxgears/glmark2-es2/es2gears working in Unity 2D and Xubuntu.
What's currently not working:
2. Pre-installed Neverball (3D ball game) - broken something
If you prefer not to follow the manual instructions listed below user hste (aka
To install (assuming oneiric image already on sd card):
1. Download rootfs linaro_12_04_gpu_vpu.tar.gz. Thanks to hste for hosting.
2. Delete existing rootfs from oneiric image (this is the "ubuntu" partition on the SD card).
rm -rf <sd card mount point>/ubuntu/*
3. Extract new rootfs:
cd <sd card mount point>/ubuntu
tar xvf linaro_12_04_gpu.tar.gz
4. Download kernel with cpu frequency or without (requires a good heatsink) and 'dd' to sd card.
dd if=arch/arm/boot/uImage_cpufreq of=/dev/sdc bs=1048576 seek=1 && sudo sync
dd if=arch/arm/boot/uImage_no_cpufreq of=/dev/sdc bs=1048576 seek=1 && sudo sync
5. Download uboot and 'dd' to sd card.
dd if=u-boot.imx bs=1k seek=1 of=/dev/sdc && sync
4. Remove SD card and place in internal SD slot and power up.